Hiking, Canoeing and Camping in Wolf Territory
This trip is dedicated to exploring the beautiful boreal forests of central Sweden. This region contains a large concentration of mammals including Moose, Roe Deer, Beaver, Red Fox, Eurasian Lynx and Wolves. This 5-day tour contains various active elements and will include long days woodland hiking and a day of canoeing, making it perfect for those who want to immerse themselves in the Taiga ecosystem. During your holiday you will stay in a charming lakeside guesthouse for 3 of the nights, the hosts are very accommodating and the lake provides great opportunities to see Osprey and Black-throated Diver. On the remaining night you will be camping deep in Wolf territory, dinner is served over an open fire and hopefully the sounds of Wolves howling will fill the night.
Why we love this trip
- Searching for signs of Wolf activity in the territory of the local pack before spending the evening camping to the sounds of howling Wolves.
- Sweden has more Moose per km2 than any other country in the world and sightings in central Sweden are common.
- The canoeing trip on Lake Storsjön provides great photographic opportunities, not just of the panoramic view, but there are multiple families of Beaver that live in the area.
- Picturesque boreal forest provides a fantastic background for wildlife photography.
- Local guides with an intimate knowledge of the forest.
- Small groups of 7 participants per guide provide a more authentic experience.
For 5-days in June to September (is recommended).
What to look for
Moose, Beaver, Brown Bear, Wolves, Roe Deer, Red Fox, Red Squirrel, Eurasian Lynx, Mountain Hare, Pine Marten, Wild Boar, Kingfisher, Osprey, Black-Throated Diver, Common Crane, Tawny Owl and much more.
Please contact us for further details.
Reference: SAS-W4W1, Supplement Codes: AT, F, SPS