Tigers and the Taj Mahal
This holiday is all about discovering the famous ‘Golden Triangle’ of India. You will have ample time to explore the vibrant city of Delhi, with the wide boulevards of New Delhi contrasting beautifully with the narrow lanes of Old Delhi. The following day you will leave this exciting city behind and journey to Agra the home of the wonderous Taj Mahal. Whilst there you will have the opportunity to watch the sunrise over this iconic building, the symmetry and splendour of the Taj Mahal will not disappoint. The rest of the day is yours to explore the fascinating city of Agra where there is much more to discover. While the architecture, history and food are all stunning, we are also here to see India’s other showstopper, the Bengal Tiger. Ranthambore National Park, a previous hunting reserve, is now one of the finest areas in the whole of India to see wild tigers and it is here that hopefully you will get the chance to view them in their natural environment. In addition to the Tigers the reserve is also home to a wealth of other wildlife and you have a great chance to see a wide array of species. Before departing home will you get a day to visit the bustling bazaars and regal City Palace in the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur.
Why we love this trip
- The history and harmony of Old and New Delhi.
- The chance to watch the sunrise over the Taj Mahal is a unique experience.
- Opportunity to see that there is more to Agra than the Taj Mahal.
- Ranthambore, the previous hunting grounds of Indian Royalty is now one of the best National Parks in the whole of India.
- Nothing compares to seeing a Tiger in the wild.
- Fantastic birdwatching opportunities in the national park.
- The view from the Amber Fort in Jaipur is second to none.
10-days in October to April (is recommended)
What to look for
Bengal Tiger, Indian Leopard, Striped Hyena, Asian Palm Civet, Sloth Bear, Chital, Nilgai, Blackbuck, Indian Wild Boar, Hanuman Langurs, Indian Porcupine, Indian Flying Fox, Indian Grey Hornbill, Marsh Crocodile and much more.
Please contact us for further details.
Reference: SAS-TTM1, Supplement Codes: AT, GT